Currently, patients seeking assisted death in Saskatoon must access the procedure at one of two hospitals, at home, or in a hotel room.
The Cider House will offer end-of-life patients a caring, homelike environment in which to access medical assistance in dying (MAiD). Our caring staff will make the transition into death as comfortable as possible for patients, as well as their family and friends.
Building what is essentially an inpatient medical unit in a renovated space is expensive, and we need all the help we can get.
We plan to build 3-5 patient rooms, each with an ensuite bathroom and fold-out beds for visitors. There will also be a large common area with a kitchen and reception area for group gatherings.
Our aim is to give our clients “good deaths”, and a fully-functioning facility is needed to do this. Our capital campaign aims to raise $1,000,000 in order to open the bricks-and-mortar Cider House and start offering services.
Here’s where your donations go:
- website build and hosting, $950
- non-profit registration $600-$800
- staff professional development (end-of-life care training) $570 and $700
- basic hospital beds $4,500-$7,000 (x 3-5)
- ceiling track lifts $3,000-$5,000 (x3-5)
- jet tub, up to $17,000
- and thousands more for the amenities that will make The Cider House a home for our clients.
- hundreds of thousands for the purchase of a space to renovate.
Cheques can be mailed to:
Cider House, Inc.
621 6th St East,
S7H 1C3 | Canada